Saturday, October 08, 2011

Week 2: August 21 - 27, 2011

This was the first week of actually being in the program. However, not much was done, aside from lots of classes, lectures, and talks.

However, on Tuesday, I was able to manage to go on a walk with Spitz the serval, Gus & Tucker the New Guinea Singing Dogs, and a Nigerian Pygmy Goat. I also got some time in on the Butterfly project. Currently we are trying to breed Lang's Metalark butterflies. I actually found 1 that had eclosed (came out of it's enclosure)and moved 2 larvae.


Spitz the Serval

Wednesday brought about a walk with Nick the miniature horse and I got to learn to clean out his hooves. It's exciting because I have never really worked with horses at all. I also spent some more time in with the butterflies and got to watch them feed for the first time and then built some new feeding boxes.


Nick, the miniature horse

The rest of the week was fairly uneventful. At this time I have some free time and I know that it won't last long, so I am making sure to enjoy it.

No comments: