Monday, August 10, 2009

We have made it to California!

For those who don't know, Greg and I have moved to California so I can go back to school.

We left Friday night, with a very bumpy beginning. We had a tire blow out at exit 101 (near Social Circle) in Georgia, so only got 1 1/2 hours away from Augusta. We then had to wait 4 hours before we could get back on the road. Since we didn't leave til Greg finished work it was now after 10 pm so we just stayed with my Dad in Atlanta for the night.

We woke up early on Saturday and left Atlanta around 5 am. We drove through the rest of Georgia, through Alabama, up I78 to Mississippi then Tennesse and on to I-40 in Arkansas at which point we drove through that state, Oklahoma, and into Texas, where we stayed in Shamrock. This was nearly 1100 miles in 1 day.

Sunday we again woke early and left around 5 am again. We managed to drive through the rest of the panhandle of Texas, through New Mexico, and through Arizona and into California all the way to Barstow.

On Monday we have only about 1 1/2 hours to our new townhome that we will be living in for the next year or two.

Just wanted everyone to know that we have made it to the Golden State.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the good old USA. I have enjoyed your blogs. I hope you will post more so I can see y'all in California.

Pam B.

Gail said...

Glad to hear that you made it safe and sound. Good luck with the unpacking and school.
we love ya,
Gail and Dad