Monday, December 31, 2007

A day to forget for Tami

Thursday, December 20, 2007

We again woke up for breakfast in the hotel, this time a little slower and with a lot more pain. After breakfast it was the same routine, head down to the slopes for snowboarding class. Greg was doing great at class and enjoyed it thoroughly. I had a mental breakdown on the slopes. I went about 1/3 of the way up the slopes (which was my typical spot) only once but it took about 6 or 7 tries to get there, and managed to come down, with a lot of falls on the way and decided that today was NOT my day to be doing this. So, I left class to sit and enjoy some hot chocolate and watch the rest of class.

Some skiiers and boarders on the slopes:



Greg going up the lift:



Christina from our class:


Once class was done I met up with Greg for some lunch at Mistral where we had clear broth soup with cheese toast, spatzli with cream sauce and pomme frites (french fries). If you hadn't noticed yet Germans like their clear broth soup and so do we. Perfect for me, nothing to pick out of it.

I then decided to try to practice some snowboarding, see if I could get over my nerves. Greg did help me a little but I was still a bit on edge so we quit after only about 30 minutes. We walked around town and did a little shopping before heading back to the hotel.

A large snowman that the town makes each year:



A meat house that the locals used originally:



We stopped at a nice clear spot and made snow angels then it was back to the hot tub for more relaxation.

Tami making her snow angel:



Greg making his snow angel:



Tonight was fondue night at our hotel so we enjoyed our salads and fondue along with some ice cream and wine. Then it was back to bed for an early evening.

No comments: