Friday, November 09, 2007

Look Kids.... Big Ben.... Parliament

On Wednesday we started out seeing some sights from Harry Potter. We went to the Australia House, which was used for Gringott's bank in the first movie. We then went to Somerset House which was used in Sleepy Hollow as turn of the centry New York. It was being set up for ice skating for Christmas which seemed cool. We went to have lunch with some of our relatives from New Zealand, Dan and Rebecca. It was great meeting them. We had lunch at Pizza Express, which had really good pizza.

Tami and me with one of the lions at Leicester Square


We tthen went to Victoria's Station to see the place we stayed the last time we were in London. We then went to see Big Ben, Parliment, and Westminster Abbey. The abbey was very cool. There are quite a few important people buried there, including Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth I. My favorite part was poet's Corner, which had several poet's buried there and tributes to many others. We then took a river cruise up and down the Thames at night. It was very pretty with all of the lights. Then Greg, Tami, and I rode the London Eye. As many of you know I am terrified of heights, but I did fine with riding the eye, I did sit down most of the time, but I did enjoy the views at night. By the way, they were one of the few places that were doing something to celebrate Halloween. They got a kick out of Tami's flashing devil horns and my cat ears.

The London Eye


London Bridge from the Thames cruise



Tami, Greg and me ready for Halloween


Big Ben.... Parliament. From the London Eye


We then ate at a place called Slug and Lettuce, where I had my first taste of Fruli. It is a wonderful strawberry flavored beer. I loved it!!!! Then we headed home and packed for our trip home. We had a great time in London and seeing Greg, Tami, Chewy, Willow, and Daisy. We can't wait to see them again!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you guys are having a blast! Both of you look so happy