Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Lord of the Flies

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

Today we were up early for a shuttle at 7:40 am. We travelled up through the Dandenongs blue forest where we stopped for some billy tea. While there, we fed the birds, some atoos, rosellas and a few other birds. That was quite interesting and a lot of fun. We were then back on the bus. We stopped in a small town to ride their steam train, the Puffing Billy, it was fun but kind of boring compared to the other train that we had ridden in Kuranda. Once the 30 minute train ride was over we were back on the bus again.

We stopped at Fergusson's winery for lunch, wonderful food. They had an actual spit roast with the best roast beef that I have had, next to mom's. We then went down to sample a few wines and then back on the bus again. This time we headed Healesville Animal Sanctuary where we saw a lot of native Australian animals, including the platypus, they are so cute but so much smaller than I had ever expected. This is where we were attacked by thousands of flies. They say there is on average 110,000 flies to every 1 person but they are in a swarm right now and it is closer to 150,000 for every person. Drives me crazy!

Once back on the bus we headed back to the hotel. We got back to the hotel and headed back into downtown. It is about a 10 minute walk, at least, just to get to the edge of town. We walked through town to the Yarra River where we enjoyed a very nice dinner at the Waterfront where I had a grouper that was larger than my plate, too much for me to eat but it was delicious. We then had some hot chocolate and headed back to the hotel.

When we arrived back at the room they had put a bottle of wine in our room for our anniversary. It was very thoughtful. At that point it was back to bed.

Tami

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tami and Greg,
First off, Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad you are having so much fun and experiencing all sorts of new things! I can't wait to hear the stories you'll have to tell when you get back.....you are coming back, right?
:-)
Take care and see you soon!

Gabby

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see all of the pictures of the wildlife you have seen. Happy Anniversary! We love you both.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Glad to hear that you are enjoying Oz.
We went to see King Kong last night - I just about needed to take a sick day today to recover from the ordeal!!!!
keep on having a fun! Janeen

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. What a great way to celebrate. I know I would not like the flies. Take care. Enjoy your last few days. I know you are having the time of your life. WE love you. MA and David

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am a little behind here! First, Happy Anniversary! I have just read all of your entries and I have to say that I am extremely jealous:)!! I am here with two kiddos, and you two are on the other side of the world having the adventure of a lifetime! Seriously, though, I am so glad that you are having such a wonderful trip, and I can't wait to see all of the pictures and hear the stories first hand! And I will definately be checking up on you two for the remaining days of your journey! Can't wait to see you! Love you! Jean

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary -

As usual my days all run together this time of the year but we do wish you a very Happy Anniversary. What a wonderful trip you have had!

We leave in the morning for Savannah - Will have our phones so give us a quick call to let us know you are back all right.

Enjoy these last few days of your trip - We know you will.

Love - Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!
what a great way to spend it....
see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy late Anniversary as it is Wednesday now (no phone etc until about 10 minutes ago). Sounds like your enjoyable times continue to out weigh the bad. Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days.

LUB

M

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,(again). Your Dad already said it once but he was "on call" and knew he wouldn't get time to get on the computer come your actual date. Anyways, sounds like you had a great one. Better enjoy your last few days, you'll have to get back to reality soon. (haha) But remember to leave the flys over there. See ya soon. Love ya, Dad & Gail...Jake says "Hi"